Uber FCRA Litigation, Case No. 3:14-cv-05200-EMC
This lawsuit alleges violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) claiming that Uber obtained consumer background reports of independent transportation providers. Consumers must provide their permission to for a prospective employer to obtain reports, and they must be presented with copies of the reports before an employer takes any adverse action.
- Did Uber obtain a consumer background check report on you prior to January 3, 2015?
- Did Uber provide proper notice regarding its intention to procure the report?
- Did Uber provide copies of the reports before taking any “adverse employment action”?
You may have an individual claim. You could choose to OPT OUT of the class action and consider pursuit of an individual matter.
Contact Flitter Milz to for a FREE evaluation.
How to EXCLUDE yourself from the Settlement
A Class member may choose to OPT OUT of the settlement and keep his or her right to sue Uber individually. A signed letter by the class member must be sent by U.S. mail postmarked to the settlement administrator no later than December 14, 2017. This letter must include:
- The case number: Uber FCRA Litigation, 3:14-cv-05200-EMC
- Your full name
- Your email address and/or telephone number
- A statement communicating that you want to be excluded from the Settlement Class, and do not want to be a Settlement Class Member, and want to be excluded from any judgment entered pursuant to the Settlement.
Opt Out letters must be mailed postmarked no later than December 14, 2017 to:
Uber FCRA Settlement Administrator, Attn: Exclusions, 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103
To remain in the class action
Class members that choose to participate in the lawsuit and receive their Settlement Share must submit a claim form to the claims administrator no later than January 15, 2018. Members of this class could recover a Settlement Share of $27 or $62. The amount depends on the settlement group that the class member is qualified. Class members that do not fill out a claim form will not receive a Settlement Share.