The repossession agent is not to breach the peace when taking a vehicle. This means that they are not to use physical force, threaten force, or take steps, such as accessing a locked garage, without your permission. If you believe that the repossession was handled unlawfully:
- Gather statements from witnesses.
- Photograph the vehicle and all damaged property.
- Obtain a police report detailing the incident.
- Write a personal statement that documents events during the repossession, including the dates, time, name of repossession company, physical description of the repo agent, license plate on repo agent's truck, etc.
- Contact Flitter Milz to discuss details of the repossession and the potential violation of your consumer rights.