No Cost
Legal Review

I don't think I owe the debt. How do I dispute it?

If you think that you paid the debt, or simply don’t owe the debt claimed, you should write and request the collector provide you with a validation of the debt, and a detailed itemization of any amount claimed to be owed.

If you do not think you owe the debt or disagree with the collector’s calculation, you should send a written dispute to the collector. Provide documentation, such as proof of payment, statements,or correspondence, which supports your dispute. Send your dispute letter by Certified Mail, Return Receipt to the collector. 

Be sure to keep a copy of all correspondence you send and receive from the collector. Flitter Milz will review all collection correspondence for compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Whether the debt is owed or not, if your consumer rights have been violated, you may be able to pursue a lawsuit against the collector.  Contact us for a free evaluation of collection letters or calls you've received.