The National Do Not Call Registry is managed by the Federal Trade Commission. Its purpose is to reduce unwanted calls to your personal phone numbers from telemarketers. You may register your home phone and cell phone numbers.
Business-to-business calls and faxes are not covered by this registry.
Submit your number to the National Do Not Call Registry:
- Dial 888-382-1222 from the number that you want to register
- Follow the prompts provided.
- You may only register one phone number each time you call the National Do Not Call Registry
- Visit www.donotcall.gov
- Register your HOME and/or MOBILE phone number. You may register up to three telephone numbers at one time.
- Open the confirmation email from the Do Not Call Registry and click the link to complete the registration.
- Print out a copy of the confirmation and keep in your personal file.
- Pennsylvania: dnc.attorneygeneral.gov, or call: 888-777-3406
- New Jersey: nj.gov/oag/ca/comp.htm, or call: 800-242-5846
File a Complaint
What to include in your complaint:
- Name, address, email address and phone number where you can be reached.
- Phone number where you received the call, and whether this number is on the National Do Not Call list
- Date and time of the call, plus Caller ID#
- Whether the call advertised or sold any property, goods or services
- Any information to identify the individual or company whose property, goods or services were being advertised or sold, and whether any of this information was provided during the call.
- Whether you or anyone else in your household gave the caller permission to call.
Federal Communications Commission:
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554
Phone: 1-888-225-5322 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Do Not Call Registry
Federal Trade Commission
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580
Attn: DNC Program Manager
Phone: 1-888-382-1222 Email: email@example.com
Pennsylvania Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
14th Floor, Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120
New Jersey Attorney General
Division of Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 45025
Newark, NJ 07101
Phone: 973-504-6200, 800-242-5846 Email: AskConsumerAffairs@lps.state.nj.us