What are common Credit Reporting errors?
Credit report errors can happen for a number of reasons.
Common credit reporting errors involve:
- Identity errors
- Inaccurate data entries
- Multiple entries for the same account
- Re-insertion of inaccurate information
- Re-aged debt (debt that should have been removed after seven years)
- Account information errors - incorrect payment history or balance
- Account status - closed accounts reported as open, incorrect payment dates, delinquencies
Be sure to dispute credit report errors to ensure that all inaccurate information is corrected.
Cary Flitter Comments: Dispute errors on your Credit Report
10 Surefire Steps to get Errors Off your Credit Reports